for 8 servings
2 lb bacon, cooked,chopped
3 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
½ cup green onion, diced
1 small onion, diced
6 teaspoons garlic powder
1 ½ cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
8 medium flour tortillas
fresh cilantro, to serve
avocado, sliced, to serve
grape tomato, halved, to serve
salsa, to serve
- In a large bowl, combine bacon, 2 cups (200 grams) of cheese, onions, and garlic powder. Distribute half of the mixture to a small bowl.
- Spoon a heaping spoonful of bacon mixture at the bottom of each tortilla.
- Fold the ends of the tortilla over the mixture and continue to roll, tightly.
- Place tortillas seam side down into a greased casserole dish.
- In medium bowl, whisk together remaining bacon mixture, 6 eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the top of the rolled tortillas.
- Cover with foil, and store in fridge overnight, or until ready to bake.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180˚C).
- Bake enchiladas for 35-40 minutes, or until eggs are fully cooked.
- Remove the foil and top enchiladas with 1 ½ cups (150 grams) of shredded cheese.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top with cilantro and avocado, if desired.
- Serve warm with tomatoes and salsa, if desired.