for 2 servings
1 cup olive oil, divided
1 ½ teaspoons salt, divided
1 red onion, cut into wedges
4 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 parsnips, peeled, chopped
1 sweet potato, peeled, chopped
¾ teaspoon pepper, divided
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
½ teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
6 cups mixed green
1 cup walnut, chopped
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
- On a cutting board, cut the root end of the beet so it lays flat on the surface. Place the beet on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with ¼ teaspoon salt. Wrap the foil around the beet and pinch the top of the foil together until the beet is sealed in. Repeat with the other 2 beets.
- On a sheet pan, place the onions, carrots, parsnips, and sweet potato.
- Drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil and season with ½ teaspoon pepper and ½ teaspoon salt. Toss the the vegetables until coated and spread them evenly in the pan.
- Create 3 circular spaces for the beets. Place the 3 beets on the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour until with vegetables begin to crisp and caramelize.
- In a large bowl, add ½ cup (120 ml) of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice,
- Dijon mustard, and garlic powder, and whisk until emulsified. Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Add the mixed greens, roasted vegetables, and the beets to the bowl with the vinaigrette and toss until evenly incorporated.
- Serve with walnuts and feta.