2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 large very ripe bananas
1/2 cup caramel macchiato flavored liquid coffee creamer (such as International Delight®)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until almost smooth, and stir in the coffee creamer, vegetable oil, eggs, sugar, and instant coffee granules until the coffee granules have dissolved.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time, until batter is almost smooth, and pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the banana bread comes out clean, about 1 hour. Allow to cool before removing from pan.
- Melt the unsalted butter in a saucepan over medium heat, and mix in the brown sugar and vanilla extract. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar, and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer the syrup for 3 minutes, allow to cool to a warm but liquid temperature, and pour the glaze over the banana bread. Serve when glaze has set.