for 6 servings
4 yukon gold potatoes, halved
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
12 strips center cut bacon
fresh thyme, to serve
grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Using a mandolin and a hand guard, thinly slice the potatoes into a large mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil, garlic powder, thyme, rosemary, pepper, and salt to the sliced potatoes and toss with tongs until evenly coated.
- On a cutting board, lay out two pieces of bacon overlapping each other vertically.
- Line the bacon with the sliced potatoes, making sure each potato is overlapping.
- Starting at one end, gently roll up the bacon, creating a potato rose.
- Place the rolled potato roses in a greased muffin tin. Repeat with the remaining bacon strips and potatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cover the roses with tin foil, and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Top the roses with thyme and Parmesan. Bake for an addition 5-10 minutes uncovered.