Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce
for 4 servings
4 red bell peppers, halved and seeded
1 avocado, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more as needed
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flake, optional
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place red bell peppers cut-side down on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the skin blackens.
- Remove peppers from the oven and transfer with tongs to a sealable container or bowl. Cover and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Once cool enough to handle, peel the blackened skins from the peppers and place into a blender or food processor. Discard the skins.
- To the blender, add the avocado, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and nutritional yeast. Blend until smooth, adding more olive oil or seasoning as desired.
- Serve either chilled or heated up.