for 24 balls
1 lb ground beef
½ yellow onion, diced
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
¼ cup bread crumb
2 garlics, minced
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
18 slices bacon
¼ cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the ground beef, onion, parsley, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper until combined. Set aside.
- Line two empty ice trays with bacon, overlapping each piece to cover the tray completely.
- Press the bacon down into each round with two fingers.
- Spoon some of the meatball mixture into each round and press down to smooth. Make sure to pack the meat down to touch the bottom of the ice tray.
- Fold the edges of the bacon on top of the ice tray.
- Flip the ice tray over onto a baking sheet and carefully lift the ice cube tray off of the meatballs.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until bacon is just brown.
- Brush the meatballs with barbecue sauce and bake for 10 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and meatballs are cooked through.
- Transfer the meatball sheet to a cutting board and cut the bacon to create single meatballs.
- Place a toothpick in each meatball.