for 4 servings
2 cloves garlic, minced
10 oz spinach
1 cup artichoke heart, chopped
2 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
⅔ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 salt, to taste
1 pepper, to taste
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 ⅓ cups riced cauliflower, to serve
2 cups broccoli, cooked, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the spinach and artichoke, and stir.
- Mix in cream cheese, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese, and stir until the cheeses are well incorporated. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder until evenly coated.
- To pound out the chicken, take a chicken breast and butterfly it by slicing half way into it to open like a book, making sure not to slice all the way through. Cover the breast with parchment paper or plastic wrap. Gently pound the meat with a mallet or rolling pin until it is evenly flattened, about ¼ inch (6 mm) in thickness.
- Onto each pounded chicken breast, evenly add ¼ of the spinach-artichoke mixture, but making sure to not overfill the chicken.
- Carefully roll the chicken breast until the ends overlap and then place the chicken into a greased baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is fully opaque and reaches at least 165°F (75°C).
- Serve with riced cauliflower, broccoli, or other low carb vegetables of your choice.
- Eat right away or refrigerate until ready to eat.