3 Cheese Garlic Bread
for 2 servings
1 stick butter, softened
4 cloves garlic, minced
⅓ cup parmesan cheese
⅓ cup shredded monterey jack cheese
⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
⅓ cup fresh green onion, sliced
1 baguette, 8 inch (20 cm)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the baguette, and mix until smooth.
- Slice the baguette in half lengthwise, then spread the butter mixture evenly on both sides of the baguette.
- Place on a tray lined with parchment paper and bake for about 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown on the edges.
- Slice, cool, then serve.
Chicken Parmesan-Stuffed Garlic Bread
for 3 servings
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 cups flour
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups seasoned breadcrumb
1 cup oil, for frying
1 large baguette
10 slices mozzarella cheese
⅓ cup melted butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Slice the chicken breast into ½ inch (1 ¼ cm) thick strips.
- Place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs into 3 separate bowls.
- Roll a chicken strip in the flour, dusting off excess. Dip the strip into the egg, then place into the bread crumbs, coating it completely.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat to 350˚F (180˚C) and preheat oven to 350°F (180˚C).
- Fry the breaded chicken strips until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove from heat and drain on a paper towel.
- Slice the baguette into thirds or fourths (each baguette piece should be roughly the same length of the fried chicken strips).
- Hollow out the insides of the baguette pieces with a knife.
- Lay two slices of mozzarella on top of each other with a 1 inch (2 ½ cm) overlap. Place a chicken strip on the overlapping region, then fold the mozzarella tightly around the chicken.
- Push the rolled chicken strips into a baguette piece.
- Slice the stuffed baguette pieces into 1 inch (2 ½ cm) slices, then place them tightly side-by-side on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together ingredients for garlic butter.
- Brush the garlic butter evenly over the baguette slices, making sure some drips in between the slices.
- Wrap the foil over the re-assembled baguette and bake for 20–25 minutes, until cheese is melted and the top is starting to brown.
- Remove the foil and serve with marinara!
for 9 knots
190 g (1 ½ cups) white bread flour
1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
240 mL (1 cup) warm water
2 teaspoons olive oil
flour, extra for dusting
3 tablespoons butter, melted
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 small handful fresh parsley, chopped
- For the dough, mix together the flour, yeast, and salt, and make a well in the middle.
- Pour the water and 1 teaspoon of olive oil into the well and mix together.
- Knead for about 7-10 minutes until the dough is springy.
- Line a bowl with the other teaspoon of olive oil, place the dough in the bowl, cover, and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour (or until doubled in size).
- Tear the dough into 9 separate balls and then roll into long tubes, folding over to make a knot.
- Place the knots on a baking tray.
- Bake in a 350°F (180°C) oven for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the garlic butter by mixing the butter, garlic, and parsley.
- Coat the knots with the butter mixture and bake for another 5 minutes.
Ham And Cheese Pull Apart Garlic Bread
for 20 servings
24 oz pizza dough
1 cup butter, melted
6 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
10 slices deli ham, halved
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Roll out pizza dough into an 18x10-inch (45x25-cm) rectangle.
- In a bowl, combine butter, garlic, parsley, and salt. Use a spatula to spread an even layer of the mixture over the dough.
- Sprinkle a generous handful of mozzarella and cheddar cheese in a square checkerboard pattern across the dough, making 20 squares.
- Place a piece of ham over each section of cheese.
- Cut the dough into 20 evenly sized squares and stack four on top of each other, alternating cheeses as you go. There will be five stacks of four.
- Place stacks in an 8½x4½-inch (21x11-cm) bread pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
Cheesy Garlic Bread Meatball Ring
for 8 servings
1 lb ground beef
¼ cup bread crumb
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
½ tablespoon salt
½ tablespoon pepper
1 batch pizza dough
1 cup marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt, to taste
½ teaspoon italian seasoning
marinara sauce, extra for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180˚C).
- In a medium bowl, mix the ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, egg, salt, and pepper until evenly combined.
- Pinch off a ball of the mixture, roll between your hands to make ping pong ball-sized meatball.
- Cook the meatballs over medium heat, turning to brown each side. Remove from heat and drain on a paper towel.
- With your hands or a rolling pin, flatten out the pizza dough rounds and top with a tablespoon of marinara and mozzarella cheese.
- Place one meatball over the dough and wrap the dough over the meatball pinching at the seams to close.
- Place the balls in a circle, seam-side down, in a cast-iron skillet. Mix the melted butter with garlic, salt, and Italian seasoning. Brush the balls with the garlic butter mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Place a bowl of warm marinara sauce in the middle of the skillet. Sprinkle the balls with parsley.