for 6 servings
2 ½ tablespoons coconut oil, melted, divided
2 cups cranberry, divided
1 ¾ cups old fashioned rolled oat
½ cup walnut, chopped
¼ cup unsweetened coconut flake, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
¼ cup maple syrup, plus more to serving
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
milk, or yogurt, for serving
flaky sea salt, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180˚C).
- Oil a 9x9-inch (22x22-cm) baking dish with ½ tablespoon of the coconut oil and add 1½ cups (190 g) of the cranberries in a single layer.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, walnuts, ¼ cup (20 g) coconut flakes, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil, milk, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir just to combine.
- Pour the oat mixture over the cranberry layer in the baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cranberries and coconut flakes.
- Bake until the top of the oatmeal is set, 30-40 minutes.
- Serve warm with milk or yogurt, flaky salt, and maple syrup, if desired.