for 4 servings
1 white onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 lemon, zested
1 lemon, juiced
1 ½ teaspoons dijon mustard
fine sea salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 head broccoli, cut into large florets
1 fennel bulb, trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) wedges
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1 pinch red pepper flake
2 tablespoons fennel fond, finely chopped
15 oz white bean, 1 can, drained and rinsed
4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220˚C).
- In a large bowl, add the white onion, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, toss together 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, broccoli, fennel, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Spread the broccoli onto a large baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake, tossing the vegetables occasionally, until tender and golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the baking sheet, and finely chop. Add the minced garlic to the onion mixture.
- Whisking constantly, slowly add the remaining ¼ cup (60 ML) of the olive oil to the onion mixture until an emulsified dressing forms.
- Whisk in the fennel fronds.
- Add the beans and roasted vegetables, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with the chopped eggs and serve.