1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup cashews whole
1/8 cup pistachios
1 tbsp melon seeds
1 tsp pepper corns
1 tsp fennel seeds
10 nos cardamom
5-6 strands saffron
TO MAKE THANDAI:
1 cup milk (boiled,cooled and chilled)
2 tsp thandai masala powder
1 tsp sugar
- In a clean dry mixer jar, add almonds,cashews and pistachios.
- Then add pepper corns and fennel seeds,melon seeds,cardamom,saffron,dry rose petals.
- First grind it to a coarse powder.Scrap the sides and pulse it few times. Do not grind more, as the nuts may leave out oil.Transfer to a plate and let it cool down then store in a clean airtight container.
- Take 1 cup chilled full fat milk.Add 2 tsp thandai masala powder to it.Add sugar.Mix well.Set aside atleast for 15mins.
- Then strain,press it well with a spoon.Serve chilled with few strands of saffron.