3/4 cup nylon sago (sabudana)
oil for deep-frying
1/4 cup peanuts
1 tbsp roughly chopped green chillies
10 curry leaves (kadi patta)
1/3 cup dry coconut (kopra) slices
2 tbsp powdered sugar
rock salt (sendha namak) to taste
- Heat the oil for deep-frying in a deep non-stick pan, add the nylon sabudana a few at a time and deep-fry on a medium flame till they are cooked but do not become brown. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- In the same oil deep-fry the peanuts till they change their colour. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- In the same oil deep-fry the green chillies, curry leaves and coconut separately. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Combine all the deep-fried ingredients in a deep bowl, add the powdered sugar and rock salt and toss well.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container. Use as required.