1/2 cup chopped radish (mooli) whites
3 cups shredded radish (mooli) greens
1/2 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
2 pinches asafoetida (hing)
- Combine the besan, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, salt and 1 tbsp of oil in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and radish whites and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the radish greens and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Sprinkle the besan mixture evenly over it, mix well and cover and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes. While stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.