1 cup rice flour (chawal ka atta)
1/4 cup finely chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1/2 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp oil
salt to taste
oil for greasing and cooking
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl along 2 cups of water to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) on a medium flame, grease it lightly using a little oil.
- Pour a ladleful of batter on the tava (griddle) and spread evenly into a 125mm. (5”) diameter circle.
- Cook the ghavan using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more 11 ghavans.
- Serve immediately.