1 cup masoor dal (split red lentil) , soaked for 30 minutes and drained
1 cup chopped and boiled mixed vegetables ( French beans, carrot and green peas)
2 tbsp ghee
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 tbsp dried mango powder (amchur)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
1/2 tsp chilli powder
salt to taste
- Combine the masoor dal, 1½ cups of water and salt in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, cooked dal, boiled vegetables, dried mango powder, turmeric powder, garlic paste, ginger-green chilli paste, chilli powder, salt and 2 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.