5 tbsp besan (bengal gram flour)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 tsp chilli powder
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1/2 tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
5 curry leaves (kadi patta)
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Combine the besan, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and 1¾ cups of water in a deep bowl and whisk well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies, ginger, curry leaves and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the besan-water mixture and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve immediately with fafda.