for 8 servings
2 cups (170 g) graham cracker, pulsed to a fine crumb
⅓ cup (75 g) light brown sugar, packed
¾ cup (170 g) unsalted butter, melted
40 oz (1 kg) cream cheese, softened
1 ½ cups (330 g) light brown sugar, packed
⅔ cup (135 g) sugar
¼ cup (60 mL) milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 pt (600 g) strawberry, thinly sliced
7 whole strawberries
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar.
- Add the melted butter and whisk to combine.
- Press the graham cracker crumb mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch (20-cm) springform pan, using a measuring cup to pat the surface smooth. Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, brown sugar, sugar, milk, and vanilla using a whisk or hand mixer.
- Line a 8-inch (20-cm) glass mixing bowl with plastic wrap.
- Starting from the center, lay strawberries in an overlapping, circular fashion, making sure they make good contact and are sticking to the plastic wrap. Repeat the circular pattern up until roughly ½ inch (1-cm) from the top of the bowl.
- Pour two thirds of cheesecake mixture into strawberry-lined bowl.
- Press the whole strawberries into cheesecake mixture to form a layer.
- Cover the whole strawberries with the remaining cheesecake mixture.
- Carefully lift set graham cracker crust onto cheesecake mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Carefully invert bowl onto cutting board.
- Lift bowl and remove plastic wrap.
- Transfer to cutting board and slice into wedges.
- Serve immediately.