for 8 servings
1 cup (230 g) unsalted butter, 2 sticks
2 ¾ cups (550 g) sugar
½ cup (100 g) shortening
1 cup (240 mL) whole milk
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups (375 g) flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
vanilla ice cream, for serving
fresh berry, for serving
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, and shortening together with a hand mixer.
- Mix the eggs, one at a time, into the batter.
- In a medium bowl, combine the milk, lemon extract, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Alternately add the dry and wet ingredients into the batter.
- Pour the batter equally into two greased and lightly floured loaf pans.
- Bake in a non-preheated oven set to 350°F (180°C) for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and berries.