for 30 servings
16 oz (455 g) lasagna noodle
¼ cup (60 mL) water
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 ⅓ cups (145 g) grated parmesan cheese, divided, plus more for serving
3 ½ teaspoons salt, divided
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
½ medium yellow onion, minced
¼ cup (25 g) carrot, minced
¼ cup (55 g) celery, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ lb (225 g) ground beef
½ lb (225 g) italian sausage
⅓ cup (75 g) tomato paste
¾ teaspoon black pepper, divided
¼ cup (60 mL) red wine
1 cup (250 g) ricotta cheese
½ cup (20 g) spinach, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
italian parsley, chopped, for serving
- Cook the noodles according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain well and separate the noodles carefully.
- Cut the noodles into triangles and transfer to baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Brush on both sides of noodles.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of salt, the dried oregano, dried basil, paprika, and garlic powder in a small bowl, and mix to combine.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture and ⅓ cup (35 g) of Parmesan cheese over the noodles. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced onion, carrot, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 5-10 minutes.
- Once the vegetables have caramelized, add the ground beef, Italian sausage, ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of pepper, and the tomato paste. Stir to combine, breaking up the meat.
- Cook until the meat has browned, 15-20 minutes.
- Add the red wine. Bring the sauce to a simmer, cover with a lid, and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, then set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta, spinach, fresh basil, remaining cup of Parmesan cheese, remaining teaspoon of salt, and remaining ½ teaspoon of pepper.
- Spread half of the meat sauce in the bottom of an ovenproof dish.
- Gently spread the ricotta cheese over the sauce.
- Spoon the remaining meat sauce over the ricotta and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake the noodles and layered dip for 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the noodle chips are crispy.
- Sprinkle more Parmesan cheese on top of noodle chips, if desired.
- Sprinkle parsley on top of dip, if desired.