Potato, small - 2
Cauliflower, cut into small florets - 1 cup
Peas - 1/2 cup
Onion - 2
Sambar powder/ Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves - 2 tblsp
Salt - As needed
Garlic - 4 flakes
Ginger - A small piece equivalent to 2 garlic size.
Coriander seeds - 2 tsp
Fennel / soambu - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tblsp
Cinnamon - 1 small piece
- Slice onion lengthwise, Peel the potato and chop into small cubes set aside. Grind the ingredients under ‘To grind’ table with little water.
- Heat a kadai with oil and temper with cinnamon and add onion, fry till transparent. Add the ground paste and fry in low flame for 2 minutes or until the raw smell goes away.
- Add the vegetables, salt and give a fry for 2 minutes in medium flame. Add turmeric, sambar powder and sprinkle 2 tblsp water.
- Mix well and cook covered in low flame for 5 minutes.
- Once done, add oil towards the end and fry for 3-4 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves, chopped finely.