for 15 servings
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 lime, juiced
1 cup (125 g) shredded chicken
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup (200 g) ground beef, cooked
10 flour tortillas
2 cups (200 g) cheese blend
1 large egg, beaten
oil, for frying
fresh cilantro, for serving
sour cream, for serving
guacamole, for serving
salsa, for serving
- In a large pan over medium heat, add the olive oil, onion, red and green bell pepper, salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and dried oregano. Mix to combine.
- Add the lime juice and cook the vegetables until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Seperate the vegetables in three medium bowls.
- To one bowl, add the shredded chicken. To another bowl, add the black beans. To the last bowl, add the ground beef.
- Stir each bowl until everything is incorporated.
- Cut a tortilla in half with a pizza cutter or knife.
- Put a spoonful of one of the fillings in the center of the tortilla half and sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold each corner over the middle, forming a triangle.
- Flip the tortilla triangle over so the seam is down.
- Brush the edge of the tortilla with egg wash and press with a fork to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and fillings.
- In a deep pan, heat two inches of oil to 350°F (180°C).
- Once the oil is hot, place 2-3 tortilla triangles in the pan and cook on each side for 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Drain the triangles on a rack
- Serve with cilantro, sour cream, guacamole, and salsa.