Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Roll-Up
for 6 servings
1 head broccoli head, cut into florets
2 cups (200 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
6 oz (170 g) cream cheese, softened
1 cup (150 g) ham, diced
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 slices ham
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Finely chop the broccoli florets, and then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the cheddar, cream cheese, ham, onion powder, and mix evenly until combined. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and paprika, then stir to combine.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and slice across horizontally, making sure not to cut all the way through.
- Season both sides of the chicken liberally with the spice mix.
- Place each chicken breast on a double layer of plastic wrap, then cover with more plastic wrap.
- Use a meat pounder to thinly pound the chicken breast and form into a rectangular shape.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Lay down two of the flattened chicken breasts into a greased loaf pan lined with parchment paper, slightly overlapping them.
- Place the ham slices evenly across the bottom and sides, hanging the ham over the sides of the loaf pan.
- Spread broccoli mixture evenly on top of the ham, pressing it flat into the edges of the pan.
- Fold over the flaps of ham to completely seal the mixture.
- Place the third flattened chicken breast on top. Use a fork to tuck in the edges, creating a seal.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the loaf looks slightly brown and red on top.
- Cool the loaf in the pan. Release any juices from the pan. Remove the chicken loaf using the parchment paper.
- Slice into 1-inch (2-cm) slices, and serve!