1 package refrigerated biscuit dough
6 hot dogs or breakfast sausages
2 tsp olive oil
1 medium onion diced
14.5 oz can Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes
16 oz can BUSH’s Chili Beans kidney or pinto recommended
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 green onion minced, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Set aside a large ovenproof skillet or round 9” pan.
- Slice hot dogs or sausages into 1 ½” long pieces.
- Open package of biscuit dough and tear each biscuit in half.
- Roll and flatten each piece of dough into roughly 2x1” pieces.
- Wrap one piece of dough around each piece of meat.
- Arrange in a circle in the skillet and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Place a medium saucepan or skillet over medium heat, and add olive oil.
- Add diced onion and fry several minutes until translucent.
- Add chili powder, cumin, tomatoes, beans, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until thickened, stirring every few minutes.
- Add chili to middle of the party ring, and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Return to oven for 6-8 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with optional green onion. Serve and enjoy!