1 medium cauliflower grated
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 lb raw jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
salt and pepper to taste
3 large eggs beaten
1 cup diced carrots fresh or frozen
2 tbsp garlic minced
2 tbsp ginger peeled minced
3/4 cup peas fresh or frozen
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp Asian sesame oil optional
green onion minced
- Using a box grater or food processor, shred the cauliflower into coarse breadcrumb-size pieces and set aside.
- Get all other ingredients ready. Then place a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- To the pan add 1 tbsp oil followed by shrimp. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and then fry one minute per side. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Wipe the pan clean and return to the heat. Add 1 tbsp oil followed by carrots, garlic and ginger, frying for one minute.
- Add the cauliflower peas to the pan and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the peas, soy sauce and sesame oil, and fry for another minute.
- Make a 5-6 inch space in the middle of the pan and add in the beaten eggs. Scramble the eggs using a spatula or spoon, and then mix into the cauliflower.
- Add the reserved shrimp and toss with optional green onion. Serve and enjoy!