2 large onions
1/2 cup elbow pasta 4oz
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups bread crumbs
4 large eggs
2 cups flour
1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Cut onions into 1/2 inch thick slices and separate into rings.
- Place small rings inside large rings to make double onion rings with a 1/2-inch gap inside. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to the package directions, and drain when done.
- Add milk and garlic powder to the drained pasta. Stir in cheese and microwave for 30 seconds. Mix until creamy.
- Spoon mac and cheese into the gap in the double onion rings. Press it in firmly with your fingers.
- Freeze for 2 hours.
- Add 2 inches of oil to a pot or deep fryer and heat to 325°F.
- Dredge each piece in flour, egg, and then bread crumbs. Finally dredge in egg and breadcrumbs one more time.
- Using tongs place rings into oil. Fry 1-2 minutes until golden brown and remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve and enjoy!