1 tbsp olive oil
4 medium chicken breasts boneless, skinless
2 cups mushrooms sliced
1/2 cup marsala wine
1 cup chicken broth
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp mustard powder
salt and pepper to taste
Serving - optional
1 cup cherry tomatoes
rice, potatoes or noodles
fresh parsley for garnish
- Place a medium skillet on medium heat. (If serving with starch, start cooking that separately now.)
- Add olive oil followed by chicken breasts. Cook 2-3 minutes per side until golden on the outside and cooked through. If your chicken breasts are larger, you may need an extra minute or two.
- Remove chicken to a plate. (Optional: place in a 200°F oven to keep warm.)
- Raise the heat to medium-high and add mushrooms and sauté for 3-5 minutes until browned, stirring regularly.
- Add marsala wine to the pan and allow to boil for a minute to let the alcohol evaporate.
- Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, garlic powder, mustard powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 7-10 minutes until the sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon.
- Place chicken back in the pan along with the optional tomatoes. Spoon sauce on top and simmer for 1-2 minutes more.
- Remove to plates and serve with optional starch. Sprinkle optional minced parsley on top.
- Serve and enjoy!