1 lb large shrimp
2 tsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup mirin
1/4 cup white wine see note
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp sugar
4 slices fresh ginger optional
green onion minced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mirin, white wine, soy sauce, sugar and fresh ginger.
- If the shrimp are wet, pat dry using paper towels.
- Place a large skillet on medium-high heat and add the vegetable oil. Then add the shrimp.
- Cook uncovered for 2-3 minutes, and then flip the shrimp.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce into the pan and cook for 2-3 more minutes, using a spoon to baste the shrimp with the sauce.
- Remove the shrimp to a plate, while keeping the pan on the heat. Remove ginger pieces if used and discard.
- Boil the sauce for a few more minutes until thick enough to coat a spoon.
- Drizzle thickened sauce on top of shrimp.
- Serve and enjoy!