2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts skinless, boneless
3 bell peppers red, yellow, green - sliced
1 medium onion sliced
1 tsp cumin powder
3 tsp chili powder
2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne optional
1 tsp garlic powder or minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
8 flour tortillas 8 inch size
fresh cilantro chopped - optional
sour cream optional
- In a mason jar or mixing bowl, add all fajita seasoning ingredients and mix well.
- On a work surface, cut chicken breasts, onions and peppers into less than 1/2 inch strips.
- Place a cast iron pan over high heat and add 1 tbsp vegetable oil.
- When the pan is hot, add chicken and half of the fajita seasoning. Avoid chicken from overlapping. Stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes. Once cooked, remove the chicken strips to a plate and cover them in foil to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add another tablespoon of oil. As soon as the oil is hot, add bell pepper and onion slices. Add the rest fajita seasoning. Sauté them until crisp-tender. Add the chicken back to the skillet and stir to combine. Then remove from the heat and drizzle with fresh lime juice.
- Place a second skillet over medium heat, and add tortillas one-by-one for 30 seconds to heat up.
- Spoon the chicken, onions and peppers into hot tortillas. Squeeze lime juice and garnish with optional cilantro and sour cream.
- Serve and enjoy!