1 pound ground beef
2 tbsp taco seasoning
¾ cup salsa
1 cup corn
3 cups shredded cheese I used cheddar and Jack
10 to 12 flour tortillas 6 inch or 8 inch
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place a large nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with oil and add the ground beef.
- Stir for 3-5 minutes until the beef is partly browned. Strained out any accumulated fat.
- Add in salsa, corn and taco seasoning. (If it’s too dry, you can add ½ cup water). Stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Place tortillas to cover the bottom of the prepared baking dish (You can break the tortillas to cover the gaps).
- Top with 1/2 of the beef mixture. Then add 1/3 of the shredded cheese on top of the mixture.
- Repeat the above step (Add tortillas, beef mixture and cheese)
- Then add another layer of tortillas, and finish with cheese
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is fully melted (see note for baking frozen casserole).
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, serve and enjoy!