1 1/2 lb flank steak cut into 2-inch strips
1/2 cup soy sauce low sodium recommended
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 tsp fresh ginger minced
1 tbsp fresh garlic minced
1/2 cup beef broth or water
1/2 cup brown sugar
6 green onions cut into 2-inch pieces
- Slice the beef against the grain into 2-inch strips that are ¼ inch thick.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce and cornstarch before mixing in the beef.
- Reserve for 10 minutes to tenderize; meanwhile, get the remaining ingredients ready for the stir fry.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add vegetable oil, ginger and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add in the beef mixture and sauté for about 2 minutes, turning pieces in the pan to cook all sides.
- Add in the beef broth, brown sugar and green onions and sauté for one minute.
- Remove from heat, serve and enjoy!