8 ounces fettuccine or linguine
1 pound raw shrimp peeled, deveined and thawed (medium size)
8 tbsp unsalted butter divided
3 large cloves garlic minced
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
salt & pepper to taste
2 cups baby spinach
1/3 cup grated parmesan
1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped, optional
- In a large pot with boiling water, add salt and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with oil to prevent sticking and set aside.
- Thaw the shrimp if they are frozen. Pat dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoon of butter, garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes. Cook one minute until fragrant.
- Add shrimp and cook 1-2 minutes per side until they turn pink and curl. Remove shrimp from the skillet.
- Add the remaining 6 tbsp butter to the skillet. Add in spinach and sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in pasta, shrimp and parmesan, tossing until evenly combined.
- Garnish with optional parsley, serve and enjoy!