12 oz fettuccine pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
2 chicken breasts boneless + skinless, sliced into 1/4" strips
3 cloves garlic minced
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese divided
Serving - optional
fresh parsley chopped
red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta in a large pot of water according to package directions until al dente. Drain and toss with a small amount of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and butter followed by sliced chicken breasts.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink and starting to turn golden brown.
- Add the minced garlic and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 30 seconds more until fragrant.
- Add cream to the pan and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook several minutes until the sauce is bubbling and thickening, stirring from time to time.
- Once thickened, add 1/2 cup parmesan to the pan and stir until combined. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked pasta to the chicken mixture, tossing several times to combine.
- Place pasta on serving plates. Sprinkle remaining parmesan on top and garnish with optional parsley.