for 6 servings
½ cup (115 g) unsalted butter, 1 stick, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon canola oil
½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
1 pinch kosher salt
1 large egg
¼ cup (30 g) cornstarch
1 ½ cups (190 g) all-purpose flour
1 cup (175 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
6 chocolate truffles
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, vanilla, canola oil, sugar, and salt and beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the egg and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the cornstarch, flour, and chocolate chips. Using a spatula, mix well until fully combined.
- Cover the dough with plastic and chill in the fridge at least 30 minutes to overnight
- Grease a 6-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray. Divide the cookie dough into 12 portions. Take one and line the base and sides of a cup. Repeat with the remaining cups.
- Fill each cookie cup with a chocolate truffle.
- Take another portion of cookie dough, flatten with your fingers to create a 2-inch (5-cm) circle. Place the circle over the top of the filling, and press down the edges to make sure it seals to the other dough. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven until cool to the touch, for 5 minutes.