Cooking spray, for pan
All-purpose flour, for pan
1 box vanilla cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
Zest of 1 Sunkist Meyer Lemon, divided
1 (14 oz. can) sweetened condensed milk
2/3 c. white chocolate chips
Juice of 1 Sunkist Meyer Lemon
4 egg whites
cream of tartar
1 Sunkist Meyer lemon, cut into rounds and quartered
- Preheat oven to 350º and grease and flour a 9"-x-13" cake pan. Prepare cake mix according to box instructions, then stir in half the Meyer lemon zest.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine condensed milk and chocolate chips and microwave 30 seconds, or until fully melted. Fold in the remaining Meyer lemon zest and the Meyer lemon juice.
- Using the bottom of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over cake. Pour condensed milk mixture over cake, making sure to get as much as possible in the poke holes. Chill in refrigerator while you make the meringue.
- Make meringue: Heat broiler. In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add sugar by the tablespoon until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue onto cake and broil until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Garnish cake with Meyer lemon pieces before slicing and serving.