1 1/4 cups thick beaten rice (jada poha)
1/2 cup boiled and mashed potatoes
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
salt to taste
oil for deep-frying
- Clean and wash the rice flakes in a sieve in enough water.
- Transfer the poha into a deep bowl, add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 15 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a ball.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry a few pakodas at a time till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with green chutney and tomato ketchup.