3/4 cup semolina (rava / sooji)
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1 tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
salt to taste
1 1/2 tsp oil for greasing
6 tsp oil for cooking
- Combine the rava and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and whisk well.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Add all the other ingredients along with ¼ cup of water and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with ¼ tsp of oil and pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it lightly to make a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle. Cook using 1 tsp of oil till both the sides turn golden brown in colour.
- Repeat step 4 to make 5 more chillas.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.