1 1/2 cups potato cubes
1/2 cup green peas
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
salt to taste
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
1 1/2 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
1/4 tsp chaat masala
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the potatoes, green peas and little salt and sauté on a medium flame for 8 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add ¼ cup of water and salt, mix gently and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the dried mango powder, chaat masala and coriander, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.