for 15 servings
2 ½ cups (425 g) quinoa, uncooked
2 ½ cups (600 mL) water, divided, plus more for soaking quinoa
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons salt
¼ cup (30 g) grated parmesan cheese
nonstick cooking spray
1 cup (260 g) pizza sauce
2 cups (200 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
roma tomato, sliced
fresh basil leaf
red pepper, chopped
- Place the quinoa in a medium bowl. Add enough water to cover the quinoa, about 1½ cups (360 ml).
- Cover with plastic wrap and soak, at room temperature, for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drain and rinse the quinoa.
- Add the quinoa, 1 cup (240 ml) of water, the baking powder, garlic powder, salt, and Parmesan cheese to a food processor. Blend for about 2 minutes, or until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter onto the baking sheet, using a spatula to spread evenly.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes. Flip the crust, removing the parchment paper, and bake for 10 minutes more, or until golden brown.
- Top the crust with the pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese, then add your favorite toppings.
- Return the pizza to the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until cheese bubbling and slightly brown.
- Cut pizza into squares and serve.