1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp ginger powder or minced fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tbsp cornstarch
salt and pepper to taste
2 medium pineapples halved
2 cups steamed rice
- Start cooking rice. Cut pineapples in half and scoop out the flesh to make boats and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, ginger powder, garlic, vinegar and cornstarch.
- Place a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add 1-2 tsp oil and cubed chicken.
- Fry 2-3 minutes per side until nicely browned. If not browning, increase heat and continue for another minute.
- Add sauce mixture to chicken and stir continuously until it thickens to coat the chicken. Remove from heat.
- Fill pineapple boats with rice and teriyaki chicken.
- Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!