for 8 servings
½ cup (115 g) unsalted butter, 1 stick, softened
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 ½ cups (60 g) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch salt
6 oz (170 g) cream cheese, room temperature
⅓ cup (50 g) powdered sugar
⅓ cup (95 g) chocolate hazelnut spread
graham cracker, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Line a 10-inch (25-cm) cast iron pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter with 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add the granulated sugar, then the brown sugar, and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the egg and stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Using a fine mesh sieve, sift the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt into the dough. Combine with a spatula until evenly mixed.
- Spread the cookie dough in an even layer in the prepared pan. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes, then bake for 15-18 minutes until lightly golden. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and remaining ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract until well incorporated.
- Spread half of the frosting onto a quarter of the cooled cookie and the other half on the diagonally opposite corner.
- Frost the other quarters with the chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Decorate with your favorite toppings.