1 1/2 tsp coarsely crushed cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1/4 cup plain flour (maida)
1 tbsp semolina (rava / sooji)
1/2 tbsp oil
salt to taste
oil for deep-frying
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 30 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter circle and prick them using a fork at regular intervals.
- Repeat step 3 to roll 29 more puris.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry, a few puris at a time, on a medium flame till they are crisp and turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Store in an air-tight container. Use as required.