2 cups sliced onions
4 tsp grated processed cheese
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp sugar
salt to taste
2 hot dog rolls
5 tsp butter for spreading and brushing
2 tsp finely chopped jalapenos
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Slit a hot dog roll horizontally using a sharp knife and apply 1 tsp of butter on each halve.
- Put half the mixture of caramelized onions , 1 tsp of jalapenos and 2 tsp of grated processed cheese on the lower halve of a bread roll.
- Close the bread roll and brush ½ tsp of butter on top of the bread and grill in a greased pre-heated sandwich griller for 5 minutes or till they turn crispy and brown from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 1 more panini.
- Cut each panini diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
- Serve immediately.