12 fresh jalapenos
3 1/2 tsp oil for greasing
1/4 cup grated processed cheese
For The Filling
3/4 cup paneer (cottage cheese) cubes
8 tbsp hung curd (dahi)
1 tbsp chopped jalapenos
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
To Be Mixed For The Salsa
3/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp finely chopped spring onion whites and greens
1/2 tbsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1 tsp dried basil
1 1/2 tsp tomato ketchup
1 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
- Grease each jalapeno with ¼ tsp of oil and roast them on an open flame till the skin turns black.
- Put the roasted jalapenos in a deep bowl filled with water and allow it to cool completely. Slowly remove the black skin with your hands and discard them.
- Slit all the jalapenos lengthwise. Remove the seeds carefully using a small spoon and discard them. Keep aside.
- In a deep bowl, add paneer and crumble it with your hands.
- Then add the hung curd, jalapenos, salt and pepper and mix well using a spoon. Keep aside.
- Stuff all the jalapenos with little filling.
- Grease a baking tray with ½ tsp of oil and place all the stuffed jalapenos on it.
- Top it with a little salsa and little cheese evenly over the stuffed jalapenos. Bake them in a preheated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 10 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Wait for it to cool slightly and serve warm.