Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: Nil.
Makes 12 roll ups.
Baking temperature: 150°C (300°F).
Baking Time: 10 minutes.
12 long zucchini slices
3 tsp olive oil
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch)
3 tbsp feta cheese
1 tsp lemon juice ½ cup chopped basil
12 baby spinach leaves
1. Grease baking tray with 1 tsp of olive oil. Place the zucchini slices over it, drizzle 2 tsp of olive oil and sprinkle ¼ tsp of black pepper evenly over them. Bake them in a preheated oven at 150°C (300°F) for 5 minutes. Keep it aside to cool.
2. In a deep bowl, add the feta cheese and mash it well with the back of a spoon till it is creamy in texture.
3. Add the lemon juice, remaining ¼ tsp of black pepper and basil to it and mix well. Keep it aside.
4. Place a zucchini slice on a clean, dry surface. Tear a baby spinach into two halves and place them on one side of the slice. Place a portion of the feta mixture over it and roll it from one end to other.
5. Repeat step 4 to make 11 more roll ups. Serve immediately.