for 4 servings
1 cup (50 g) panko bread crumbs
½ cup (60 g) vegetarian parmesan cheese
½ cup (125 mL) salted butter, 1 stick, melted
15 oz (425 g) canned artichoke heart, 2 cans, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
fresh parsley, chopped, for serving
½ cup (115 g) mayonnaise
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup (10 g) fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set a wire rack inside.
- Drain and rinse the artichokes. Pat them dry.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs and vegetarian Parmesan cheese.
- Dip the artichoke hearts in the melted butter, making sure they are evenly coated. Then coat well with the bread crumb mixture.
- Place the artichoke bites on the wire rack.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350ºF (175ºC), flip the artichokes, and bake for 15 minutes more, until the artichoke hearts are warmed through and the bread crumb mixture is toasted.
- Meanwhile, make the garlic aioli. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and parsley. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the artichoke bites with parsley before serving with aioli alongside.