15 paneer (cottage cheese) cubes
10 tomato slices
salt to taste and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
1 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
1 tbsp olive oil
For The Basil Oil
1/2 cup basil leaves
5 tbsp olive oil
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
For the basil oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixer and blend till the mixture turns smooth. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Strain the basil oil, using a strainer. Keep aside.
How to proceed
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly on the paneer cubes and rub on both the sides.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a griller pan. Place all the paneer cubes in it and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn golden brown in color from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Combine 5 pieces of grilled paneer, garlic paste, 1 tbsp basil oil, salt and pepper, along with 2 tbsp of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paneer-basil mixture.
- Just before serving, arrange all the tomato slices on a platter and place one piece of grilled paneer over each tomato slice. Put a little of the prepared paneer-basil mixture over each grilled paneer and finally drizzle the remaining basil oil evenly over them.
- Serve immediately.