6 slices bacon
24 spears fresh asparagus, trimmed
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
12 slices white bread, crusts removed
2 tablespoons butter, melted
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate.
- When bacon is cool, crumble and set aside in a bowl.
- Place asparagus spears into a large skillet and pour in about 1 inch of water. Place over medium heat, cover the skillet, and simmer asparagus until bright green and slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Remove asparagus and set aside.
- Place cream cheese and chives into the bowl with bacon and stir to evenly combine.
- Roll each bread slice with a rolling pin on a work surface until the slices are thin and flat.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over each slice of bread.
- Center 2 asparagus spears on a bread slice, and roll the slice around the asparagus into a tidy and compact cylinder. Place seam side down onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Brush each roll with melted butter and sprinkle each with about 1 1/2 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden brown and hot, 10 to 12 minutes.