for 300 gummies
2 cups (480 mL) rosé, divided
⅓ cup (50 g) unflavored gelatin powder, (about 5 .25-ounce envelopes)
1 cup (200 g) sugar
1 drop pink food coloring, optional
gummy bear mold, optional
- Place 1 cup of rosé (240 ml) in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, combine the gelatin powder and remaining rosé wine. Let sit for 5 minutes. The gelatin should give off a “blooming” effect, thickening the mixture.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the saucepan with the concentrated rosé. Add the sugar and return the pan to medium-low heat, whisking continuously. Do not let the mixture boil. Cook until the gelatin is dissolved, about 5 minutes. The mixture should have a syrupy consistency, similar to maple syrup. Remove the pan from the heat. Add a drop of pink food coloring, if desired.
- Use a squeeze bottle, spouted measuring cup, or dropper to distribute the mixture into the gummy bear molds. If you don’t have a gummy bear mold, pour the mixture into a parchment-lined, 8-inch (20 cm), square baking pan.
- Refrigerate for 90 minutes, or until set.
- Carefully pop the bears out of the molds or, if using a baking pan, cut into small squares with a pizza cutter.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.