1. Waffle Grilled Cheese
for 4 sandwiches
2 cups waffle mix
1 tablespoon rosemary, minced, fresh or dried
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 ⅓ cups milk
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
1. In a large bowl, combine waffle mix, rosemary, egg, oil, and milk. 2. Stir until well combined.
3. Pour about ½ cup (120ml) of the batter into the waffle iron (Amount may vary based on the size of the waffle iron). Cook until the waffle is golden brown.
4. Add slices of cheese on half of the waffle. Carefully, fold the other half on top and close the lid. Cook until the cheese is melted.
2. Grilled Cheese Roll-ups
for 1 serving
3 slices bread
3 slices cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon butter
tomato soup, to taste, optional
1. Cut crust off the slices of bread. This makes the bread easier to roll and will hold the shape better.
2. Flatten slices of bread with a rolling pin.
3. Layer the slices of cheese on top of each slice of bread so that the cheese is offset from the bread by about 1 inch (2 ½ cm) vertically. 4. Other fillings can be added here if desired.
5. Roll each slice of bread with cheese vertically as tightly as possible without cracking the bread. Gently squeeze each roll to maintain its shape and set down on its seam.
6. Melt the butter in a pan. Grill each roll starting with the seam side down on the hot pan.
7. Rotate so that all sides are evenly golden brown.
3. Cauliflower Grilled Cheese
for 2 servings
1 head cauliflower
1 pinch salt
½ cup vegetarian parmesan cheese, grated
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon red pepper flake
cheese, of your choice
, of your choice
1. Grate a cauliflower over a large bowl.
2. Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the grated cauliflower and mix evenly. 3. Leave to sit for 20 minutes.
4. Pour the cauliflower into a clean kitchen towel and wring the water out.
5. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, and remaining ingredients, (except your cheese and toppings) stir until well mixed.
6. Using a spoon transfer two hearty scoops of mixture to form each “bread slice” onto a skillet on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, each side.
7. Add your cheese and any other toppings, allow a couple minutes for cheese to melt.
4. Grilled Cheese And Tomato Soup Bread Bowl
for 1 bread bowls
1 bread bowl
cheese, as needed
1. Remove the top of the roll. Using a small knife cut around the inside of the bread (being careful not to cut through the sides) and scoop out the center of the roll - save this for later.
2. Butter the inside of the roll and place 3-4 cheese slices around the inner edge of the bread bowl. Bake in a preheated oven at 375˚F (190˚C) until the cheese has melted.
3. Cut the saved center of the roll in half. Butter both sides and create a cheese sandwich.
4. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat and fry the sandwich until both sides are browned and the inner cheese has melted.
5. Remove the bread bowl from the oven. Fill with tomato soup and serve with the grilled cheese.
5. Mac 'N' Cheese Grilled Cheese
Mac & Cheese Grilled Cheese
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
2 slices sourdough bread
1 slice mozzarella
½ cup cooked mac & cheese
1 slice cheddar cheese
1. In a pan, melt butter over medium-low heat and spread around the pan. Place first slice of bread on the melted butter, then place a slice of mozzarella on top.
2. Spread mac & cheese evenly over the mozzarella.
3. Layer the cheddar on top of mac & cheese, then top with the second slice of bread.
4. Cook for about 2 minutes, until bottom is golden brown, then flip. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, until second side is golden brown.