for 4 servings
2 tablespoons oil, divided
1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 teaspoons chesapeake bay seasoning
6 oz sausage
½ cup water
½ yellow onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 zucchini, chopped
½ cup corn
1 carrot, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup chicken broth
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
fresh parsley, chopped, for serving
rice, cooked, for serving
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add shrimp to skillet and season with Chesapeake Bay seasoning.
3. Cook shrimp 3-4 minutes, or until opaque. Remove from skillet and set aside.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Add sausage to skillet.
6. Cook until browned, turning links frequently.
7. Reduce heat to medium-low and add water to skillet.
8. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
9. Add onions and bell peppers to the same skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
10. Add chopped sausage, zucchini, corn, and carrot and cook for additional 2 minutes.
11. Stir in shrimp and garlic.
12. Pour chicken stock into pan and stir until well-incorporated.
13. Add salt and pepper.
14. Remove from heat.
15. Top with parsley and serve over rice if desired.